Ashleigh Jones is a consultant dietitian and nutritionist. She is currently offering appointments from the Fitness Wonderland Allied Health Hub in West End, Brisbane. For appointment enquiries please visit the Fitness Wonderland website.
Why see a dietitian?
Dietitians are not just weight loss experts. To obtain the Accredited Practising Dietitian title, dietitians must undertake tertiary studies in a range of areas including biochemistry, anatomy and physiology. It is their job to stay up to date with the latest scientific research and then inform the public of how this information is relevant to them. Dietitians work in a range of practice areas including hospitals, private practice and even the workplace.
Below is a brief list of areas where dietitians can provide advice:
- Body composition changes: sustainable weight loss, weight gain, development of muscle mass
- Diabetes advice: both type 1 and type 2
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: weight loss and symptom management
- Cardiovascular disease: including hypertension, high cholesterol
- Sports nutrition
- Food intolerance and allergy
To learn more about what services a dietitian can offer you, please send an enquiry via the contact page.